Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Day 5


Swimming with sunburns, 4x4 jeeping
A balmy clear day it was, as a group we decided to go snorkeling again, we enjoyed swimming right next to the sea turtles so much we wanted to go again. We started out by our resort, and snorkeled for about ten minutes when Alaya (Bethany) spotted a eel in the side of a rock, it came out, as a tropical fish (not sure on its real name) came too close to the rock, this is pretty scary to see an eel so close, about six to eight feet, eels have a look that is so prehistoric, they seem like they want to strike you at any impulse. After snorkeling down the beach some half mile we came close to “Black Rock”, I guess it’s called that because the volcanic rock is very dark, (that take intelligence to figure that out). “Black Rock” is known for its great snorkeling and a nine meter ledge that divers flock to. After seeing all the amateur divers jump , I said I could do that, so I climbed up the very sharp volcanic rock, jumped off, and hit the tropical water,it was like I weighed three hundred pounds, It was very exciting, hopefully I can get my camera to capture some of the excitement .
We arrived back at the room and the girls wanted to take a bath to get the salt water off, so I decided to venture out with the awesome 4x4 jeep, I drove ten or so miles north of the Island and found some great coves, I found a private road, it was narrow and the road changed from pavement to red dirt, I mean blood red dirt. The road narrowed and I had to turn around as it was thick with variation, I put it in four-wheel drive and tried to claim a steep hill, I think by now I was violating my rental agreement. Oh well I was cautious, so I drove out by this cliff and it was probably three hundred foot drop to the ocean, I still had it in four-wheel drive so I idled up to the rock ledged with one tire about six inches away. Took some shots with my camera, and got my adrenalin rush that I can’t do with the girls,
Back to the resort 10min up, lets go

No comments:

 
Picasa SlideshowPicasa Web AlbumsFullscreen