Friday, June 8, 2007

Day 1


It was off from Bakersfield to the very passionate San Francisco, the city known for its extreme personality. The day was very non San Franciscan, the weather was clear with a soft wind, the sun blazing like it was happy to get out for the summer in the Pacific Northwest. The flight to Maui was a four plus hours, very fast for a flight some 2300 miles from the main land. It should take, let see, 2300mi / 4x60min + 15/60 = 541 mph, sounds like we found the jet stream to give us a much needed tailwind. Since my lovely wife went through a travel agent, you would think when we boarded the plane we would have seats together. Then again I was happy there still a career in this field in the day of the internet.
My seat was 20 rows from the girls, I was next to first class, I learned that I need to get a higher education to afford to set in first class; they had service that kept the drinks flowing the full four hours. The passenger I sat by was very interesting, she was flying to Maui to meet with her boyfriend that was in the military, he worked at some unclassified atoll. Her Family was from Malaysia, and worked in fabricating synthetic glass beads, her family had a house in San Francisco and Malaysia and she traveled to see her boyfriend every other month. We made it to Maui, time to get the baggage and find our hotel the infamous Maui Seaside hotel. My ten minutes are up that gives me time to watch a little Maui news..

No comments:

 
Picasa SlideshowPicasa Web AlbumsFullscreen